Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Picasa


Today's class was so much fun! We learned about yet another awesome Google program, Picasa. Picasa is a program that is centered around images. You can upload, organize, manipulate, and share your images. The Picasa program found on your computer can be used for organizing and manipulating your images. The web version of Picasa can be used to share your images with your friends and family online. The possibilities are endless.

I am so excited about learning and using Picasa. There are so many amazing editing tools that you can use to manipulate your images. This allows you to be creative and have fun. The "blog this" option makes things fast and easy. As a person who always uses images while blogging, this tool is invaluable. The web version of Picasa is great because you can make your albums private and public. Therefore, you are able to share your images with your friends and family online. This is so much easier and cheaper than ordering numerous prints and mailing images to several different locations. The web version of Picasa also attaches a URL to each and every one of your images. This is great for posting images on various locations online. As I sit here typing this blog, I cannot wait to get home and experiment with Picasa!

Like everything else I have learned in this class, I definitely plan to put Picasa to use in my classroom. I will have a classroom blog that displays the happenings of my classroom. Picasa will make uploading images from my classroom onto my blog fast and easy. I will also have a web album that contains pictures from my classroom that parents will have access to. Parents will then be able to have access to those pictures of their children. There is just so much that can be done with this program that can enrich my classroom.

As a result of this class, the world of Google has been opened in front of my eyes. I am now such a huge fan of Google. I love Picasa! Picasa is an amazing tool to use in both my personal and professional life. I am so excited to get home and play with Picasa. It is going to be so much fun!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment